Santa’s Chocolate Chip Cookie
This is THE best chocolate chip cookie you’ll ever have. Period.
Leave these bad boys out on Chrissy Eve for the man in red and he’ll know you’ve been good.
Makes: 20 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes plus cooling
220g Unsalted butter
200g Soft light brown sugar
180g Caster sugar
1 tsp (5g) Bicarbonate soda, sieved
1 Vanilla pods, seeds scraped
2 (100g) Eggs, whole
400g Plain flour, sieved
30g Cocoa nibs
150g + 50g Milk chocolate, block chopped or buttons
250g + 50g Dark chocolate, block chopped or buttons
- Cream the butter, the sugars, salt, bicarbonate soda & vanilla seeds together slowly with the paddle attachment in an electric stand mixer. Continue until the mix is pale and smooth, use a scraper to scrape the insides of the bowl to ensure it has evenly mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time while continuing to beat on a low to medium speed, mix well before again scraping down the sides.
- Add the flour, nibs & chocolates (reserving 50g each milk and dark chocolate for decoration) and beat slowly until it is all incorporated.
- Remove from the machine and use lightly floured hands and scales to weigh 75g balls of dough. Roll these into balls and reserve on a tray and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and place cookie balls onto a baking tray lined with paper, I suggest cooking 6 – 8 cookies at a time depending on the size of your oven or trays.
- Bake for 16 minutes, remove from the oven and press each cookie down gently with a weight such as the base of a saucepan. Do not squash completely, just flatten. This will make the cookie crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle.
- Dot the remaining chocolate pieces or buttons onto the surface of the warm cookies and place them back into the oven for 30 seconds to melt.