350g Milk (A)
100g Caster sugar
50g Milk (B)
125g Egg yolks (approx. 6-7)
345g Callebaut dark chocolate 2815
- Combine the milk (A), sugar and cream in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan and start to heat over a medium heat.
- Mix the milk (B) with the cornflour and egg yolk, to a smooth paste.
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil and pour onto the 2nd Mix well and return the entire contents back into the pan.
- Use a spatula to stir and cook until it until the mixture starts to boil. Mix constantly and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, mix well and transfer to a container. Cool in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or until totally chilled.
- Hand blend to smooth before transferring to a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle.
- Fill and finish the Classic Chocolate Eclair (see ebook 'Eclairs').
Recipe excerpt from 'Eclairs' an eBook by Darren Purchese